Finally some interior goes in

Tuesday, 5 June 2007 | Comments (2) | Categories: Audio, Interior

S13 Rear Interior Trim

Finally after finishing the Dynamat in the main cabin, it was time to start fitting interior trim pieces back into Sillbeer. I would have been continuing on with the boot Dynamat installation, but I ran out half way through, so have to wait for another box to come from my ebay supplier (billy588). So first up it was through my box of bits and pieces for appropriate trim. Unfortunately that turned up a black for the back seat panel, so I went out to one of the shells and found the whole back section still intact. After a bit of grunting, and saw fingers on those little press studs (they really do fly when they pop out), I had what I needed. The cleaning process for most of this stuff is first to give it a wipe down with a wet sponge to remove the thick layer of dust. Second is a wipe down with some household cleaning spray to remove any dirt and grime. And finally a good wipe over with the tyre shine to give it back some moisture.

- Side interior trim
- Dynamat on rear floor area (driver side)
- Dynamat on rear floor area (passenger side)

The same car provided a lot of other panels, as well as from a few other sources. Rear seat belts were also fitted and test along with finding the hinges for the rear seat back - but they're quite rusty at the moment so will need to give them a quick sandblast before leaving them in place.

S13 Roof Liner/Hoodliner

Another part of the interior is of course the roof liner (or hoodliner). I had a couple to choose from, but neither were in very good (clean) condition. So I chose the better of the two, and with some newly acquired Armor All interior cleaner, I gave the entire roof liner a good twice over (as well as a good scrub). The results are amazing and gives a nice smell to the roof too.

- Roof liner before cleaning

Saturday morning I attempted to find and fit a set of front seat belts, and I had some success in finding the correct brackets and the correct drivers side belt. Unfortunately the passenger side belt I found was made for another mounting angle so it would not reel out, only retract. This was after 3hrs mind you, so I gave up and have a new set on the way. In the mean time I tracked down a couple of good interior side panels - went through 3 drivers side ones before I found one with minimal scratches and all the clips in place. This is the one you see in the trim picture above.

While I was working (ie. wasting time) on the belts, Greg was in to make up the throttle cable bracket. The reason for a new one is that the GReddy plenum sits high in the engine bay and the mount on the plenum is also offset from the original location. Therefore and new low profile offset bracket was made. It looks mint, and after a lick of paint should be just fine visually too.

Marc at C-Red is working on the electrics this week, getting the wiring loom sorted and tucked away and the ECU plugged in. Hope there to be some news on when we can start her up when I go in on Friday.

Getting exciting now.


PS> Please note that I do get quite a few questions from people asking about things I have done previously on the car. To help out with this, I've dropped in a Google search for to track down any info you're after.

Your Comments

Posted by mattracing44 | 4 October 2007 at 04:57 PM

I’m looking for new RHD carpet for my S13, problem is, I live in the USA, rhd stuff is hard to come by, if you know where I can source it from, please let me know,

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

o yeah, hell of a nice build!

Posted by Brendan Underwood | 4 October 2007 at 06:35 PM

Thanks Matt.

If you’re referring to the floor mats, only thing I can suggest is see a local importer and put an order in for them. Likewise if you want the entire floor carpet.


« Next: ...and the interior continues to go in…and out!

Previous: Wired for Sound »

<< Back to Home